Friday, February 17, 2012

I do believe in Fairies.. i do, i do!


When I was a little girl there was a lady in my hometown of Sarnia, Ontario (the fact that Sarnia sounded awfully close to "Narnia" was of no way a coincidence to me growing up) who used to set up little fairy houses in her garden and open her backyard to any children, parents or fairy enthusiasts who cared to see them and search for the ever allusive tiny tenants who inhabited them. It was such a spring tradition to hold my mommy's hand and imagine being tiny enough to live on  flower or under a toadstool.

That was well over 15 years ago, and bless her soul, but I don't believe she is still opening her garden to the public anymore. I suppose the Fairies grew tired of visitors and kindly asked her to allow them to spend the rest of their days behind closed doors... or closed flower petals in this case.


I've decided that I am going to carry on her tradition as soon as I have a garden of my own to tend too! So I looked up some pictures for inspiration and here are some of my favourites! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!




For sure my future home ^  just toooooo cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment