Thursday, February 9, 2012

how do gypsies pack?


My mom has taken to calling me "Gypsy Girl" these past couple of years because i tend to not stay in one place very long. However romantic and adventurous that may sound, it is also very frustrating when it comes to packing. If I was one of those girls who could get by with two pairs of jeans, two t-shirts, a sweater and a pair of UGGs for a week visit at home, things would be a lot easier. And don't think I haven't tried! But i just can't escape that feeling of horror that creeps up in the back of my mind when I contemplate the possibility of being left stranded in my hometown with out at least one pair of black 6 inch stilettos and a pink party dress when being invited for a nice dinner out and having only a pair of black flats, leggings and rock-t at my disposal! Or being left cowboy bootless when asked spontaneously to go shopping at the farmers market, where my new semi distressed brown and pink boots would be right at home. Even worse than that is not having access to my treasure troth of jewelry! So even if i were to pack a plain white t-shirt and pair of skinny jeans how could i (or any self respecting fashionista) fathom going out in public without my rhinestone owl necklace, 50 multi coloured bollywood inspired bangles, amber and turquoise ring and at least a feather or two in my hair? It's just not even an option! Therefore i am doomed to a life of over packing by at least two full suitcases, in a life where packing and unpacking is a part of my everyday existence.

Sigh...my packing rant is over. Now onto the photos for this blog. I was inspired by my overpacked suitcase to look for cool vintage suitcases and this is what i found!




No comments:

Post a Comment